Global Examples - Israel /
Areas for Concideration Provided by the Wording Committee:
- Cultural Imperialism
- Cultural Identity
- Human Rights
- Rule of Law
- Nation Building
Democracy - Good
Center for the Study of Islam & Democracy
- a non-profit organization, based in Washington DC
, dedicated to studying Islamic and democratic
political thought and merging them into a modern Islamic democratic discourse.
- a channel for knowledge, learning, participation and understanding that is not owned by a media corporation, does not serve
a special interest and does not adhere to a single ideological position.
Democracy in America
- Alexis de Tocqueville (From the Henry Reeve Translation, revised and corrected, 1839.)
- Kim Dae Jung. Is Culture Destiny? The Myth of Asia
's Anti-Democratic Values, November/December
Liberty Haven -
Democracy (Good Amount of Relevant Articles)
The World Movement for Democracy
- a global network of democrats, including activists, practitioners, academics, policy makers, and funders, who have
come together to cooperate in the promotion of democracy.
The Project for the New American Century
- a non-profit educational organization dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good
both for America
and for the world; that such leadership requires
military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle; and that too few political leaders today are making
the case for global leadership.
United Nations - Universal Declaration of Human Rights. (Take Note
of the Freedoms Guaranteed to All Nations).
Democracy - Bad
International Relations - Bad
- Edward Said, The Latest Peace Plan: A Roadmap to What and Where? June 14,
Global Examples - Iraq
The Choices Program
After War: The Challenge of Securing the Peace: Policy
Options, Brown University
The Modern Religion -
Saraji Al Muslima, An Agenda of Disdain: Cultural Imperialism and the Western Media
- Cultural imperialism (Good Links and Background Info.)
- Ethnocentrism (Good Links and Background Info.)
- David Rothkopf, "In Praise of Cultural Imperialism? Number 107, Summer 1997, pp. 38-53.
- Robert K. Rauth, Jr, The Myth of Cultural Imperialism, November 1988, Vol. 38, No. 11.